RED DEER – Fifteen athletes from the Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL) U18 AAA division have received invites to attend the Team Alberta Female Fall Camp.
The 15 players represent five clubs, including:
- Calgary Fire (Alyssa Barrette)
- Edmonton Jr. Oilers (Chloe Goofers; Ella Lloyd; Layla Matthew)
- Lloydminster Steelers (Claire Carruthers; Emily Hourie; Hannah Lundquist)
- Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs (Taya Christie; Rylee Mcleod; Jayden Olafson; Presley Zinger)
- St. Albert Slash (Lyvia Butz, Olivia Davidson; Chayse Melnyk; Paige Smith)
In total, 28 athletes were selected to attend the camp, taking place September 22-24 in Edmonton. Three goaltenders, nine defence and 16 forwards are contending for a roster position on Team Alberta Under-18 Female.
“Our staff is confident in these 28 players that we have selected for the next step in our process as they have demonstrated the ability to consistently execute our style of play, concepts and habits,” said Chris Leeming, Head Coach of Team Alberta Under-18 Female. “Because of this, we are excited to continue working with this group, with the expectation that they will present us with some difficult decisions moving forward.”
Athletes will participate in on and off-ice sessions and face-off against three women’s teams of the USports hockey league. Following the camp, athletes will continue to be evaluated with their club teams.